Wednesday, June 27, 2012

CRM Bloopers...

This post is on a lighter note. The software industry and the manufacturing industry are proud of their Quality Assurance processes. But it looks like CRM processes lag behind on this front.


Today I renewed my vehicle insurance policy. This is my first renewal and I have had a year of no claim on the policy. So I enjoyed a "no claim bonus" on the renewal premium. After completing the payment of the renewal premium, I was presented with the usual "thank you" message from the insurer, Bajaj Allianz. While reading the message I was very amused by the following sentence:

"As a loyal customer you are covered Additionally for Accidental Medical Expenses Cover/Drive Assure protect and 24x7 spot assistance for sum insured of Rs. 0."


So for renewing the policy, I am termed as a "loyal" customer. Well, I am okay with that. I get additional services. Well, I am okay with that. For a sum insured of Rs.0. WHAT? Is that a benefit I should be happy about? I can make two guesses:

1. Either it is a typo error. In which case, I will wait for the detailed policy wordings document.

OR

2. The formula used for calculating the benefit resulted in a value of ZERO.

Typical, case of borderline defect as they say in the software industry. A case for Quality Assurance.


On similar lines, a couple of months back, I was withdrawing some money at the ATM. After the transaction, I was presented with the following screen.



Note the options given. It was like holding a gun to my head and stating that I have to take the offer. There was no exit option or refusal option. The first time it happened, I was perplexed on what to do especially since my debit card was still in the ATM machine. I did not want the bank to call me since my CA had already addressed all tax issues. While my mind was booting up to process this situation, the screen went away and the transaction terminated normally with my transaction slip and card being returned to me. The next time, I got this message, I knew I had to just wait for few seconds and eventually the message would go away. DEJA VU... I say.



If you enjoy my posts, click on the right to follow these posts. Also, looking forward to your comments and similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
test