Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The stress continues !!!

My last post was on my experience with renewal of my health insurance policy. I thought the saga ended there. But apparently I have a sequel to it now.

After the episode in the first installment, I got a mail from the company giving details of the renewal and a renewal policy contract. I noticed that my address, name and insured person name was mis-spelt. I replied to the email with this information and listed the correct data.

The next day I received a call from "apparently a different" department stating that my policy is renewed and couriered. I share the information of error to this person. He takes my information and raises a service request for the same. He said the corrected policy card will be sent to me.

When I get my policy document via courier next day, I notice the error in name still exists. I get in touch with the call center on this and end up being rewarded with one more service request number.

In the next two days, I get one policy document package and three courier letter with my policy card in each. The last one had my name and address mentioned correctly.

The entire renewal process had costed the company two courier packets and three couriered letters with the policy card. I wonder what was the cost of renewal of the policy for this company. OR was it my mail to the Director Retail business which made my case a high priority item to be resolved at all costs. I just wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
test